Sunday, March 6, 2011

'Friendship' and 'Team Spirit '

This is what I spoke of before our practice yesterday and on Friday. 'Friendship' and 'Team Spirit.' See the circled areas below. Read each and truly grasp their meaning. I expect these two descriptive definitions will continued to be followed by all members of the team. John Wooden's formula for team success, seen below, is what I have followed since day one with the team. His 'Pyramid of Success,' worked quite well at UCLA, so I think it'll work quite well here. It worked last year. 'Loyalty' will be the next talk. These three words and what they mean, go to the core of who I am as a person and how I approach coaching.

http://paulvitennis.blogspot.com/2010/06/video-essays-coach-wooden-pyramid-of.html

This is the blog post I wrote in June '10 which described his recent passing. and The post also includes a biography video of his amazing life. Three short videos.

Don't forget to scroll down and see yesterday's blog post if you hadn't already.




DOUBLE CLICK TO ENLARGE THE PICTURE TO BE ABLE TO SEE AND READ IT.