Monday, September 27, 2010

A Good Ending To Our Week ... With A Win At The Eagles Tennis Nest Against Triton

A beautiful Friday it once was, and the end week win takes the Lady Eagles to 6-4. Our feet survived a tough test Thursday at Wilson, and for that Nicole got a rest on Friday. We had many good moments during the week and they had nothing to do with wins and loses of matches you played in.

I saw a ton of growth and increased confidence during match play. That is the goal of the season. I am thrilled when I see it and I hope you feel great when you see improvement. I saw it with Sam in her focus while attempting her service toss during the Eustace match. I saw it with Kaitlin, as I caught her 3rd match Saturday, at the Camden County tourney. It was a moment where she was a bit frustrated during the match, when in a moment she found her groove on her serve. She found confidence from her serve ... and then in a flash, she found herself right back in the match, winning the 2nd set and taking it to a 3rd.

We'll keep on working on all the little things next week so we can all grab increased confidence when we succeed using these skills on the court. Think our 'Service Toss Activities.' Click on the picture below. Its John Wooden's 'Pyramid of Success.' One of Wooden's ideas is a time honored coach's cliche. 'The little things make the big things happen.' Its a simple idea and one of many I ascribe to, from Wooden's Pyramid Theory. I think his ideas are priceless, for use in team sports and life. I want you all to read it. Here's another post I did in June on Coach Wooden. http://paulvitennis.blogspot.com/2010/06/video-essays-coach-wooden-pyramid-of.html We will talk about the Pyramid in the near future as rain may throw a money in a wrench.