Friday, September 3, 2010

New Blog Post for Girls Team - Labor Day '10



This is a a funny ESPN TV commercial with Maria Sharapova. I'll try to have some fun with the blog this season with tennis related stuff. (30 secs video)

Read and watch the short pieces on tennis instruction seen below. These information pieces are always references to things we have gone over at tennis practice or a few points that we will go over in the near future. The learning is important and especially if you are new to the sport. All that is seen her on our blog is meant to be simple to grasp. I believe such visual learning will enhance and quicken you the improvement of your tennis game.

You all had a great first week of practice and I saw much promise and a good degree of effort. I hope you all felt a degree of improvement with the many aspects of sport we worked on together over the last 9 days. I certainly saw some. From our first practice and now with the time we've spend together on the courts. I without a doubt know that each one of you are talented and very capable of success and improvement over the course of the season.

I am excited for the upcoming season's journey. I think we have a very coachable group and I promise to work hard and encourage all of you toward such improvement over the course of the season. I assure you that by season's end you will be thrilled to see how you've improved through the sport of tennis.

I've posted one 2 minute video and three short tips. Watch the first video and think about the fine and gross motor skills you've learned thus far. The gentleman you see in that video is the author of the study '34 Reasons,' that you'll see at the bottom of this introduction piece, just double click on it.


These reasons actually are a simple framework for what we do and talk about everyday in practice. Team members, after they read the '34 reasons' will see the connections, think foot work for one reason/connection. Read the 34 reasons why tennis is a great sport, so to see all that is to gain through this great sport, 'sport for a lifetime.' I think I've said that many times by now.

I posted an easy wrist/hand/forearm exercise here that I'd like you to do, its simple and not strenuous at all. Try one of the three listed, moreover think more stretching work. Strength in these muscles is a good thing for your improving tennis game. Finally see some simple rules of doubles that you should follow.


Hope you and your family are having a happy and relaxing holiday weekend. See you tuesday, 1-3pm.



Fine And Gross Motor Skills