Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Balance!! A Very Short Piece


We had a good practice today, and I'll see you all tomorrow at 255 at the courts. If it rains we'll meet in the same classroom where we've had our previous meetings. We'll then have a short workout session in the gym, and those who still need help on the ground-strokes I'd be glad to, and i'll set up the tree, after our training session is over at 4. And you'll go to 445. Let's hope it doesn't rain.

Here is a simple bit of advice on the need to be balanced in all your movements on the tennis court. You can't be moving when your hitting the ball. You need to 'put your foot to the ground.' But you need to be moving at all other times, so your spacing and timing is optimized.

That movement needs to be balanced. That balance comes from my posture, and or how wide my feet are spread. They are always shoulder width. By the time that ball crosses the net my stroke decision is made and my racquet is already back.