Monday, March 29, 2010

Here Comes The Sun !!!

This is a song written by my favorite Beatle George Harrison(video below). George, it is fair to say now was the sun, the enlighten Beatle that surely inspired John, Ringo and Paul's lives in various ways. Remember it was George that took his three band mates to India on a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts. I always thought it weird and sad that the biggest news event on the eve/day of the new millennium, 1999-2000, was someone breaking into George's home to rob it and almost killing him. But remeber George was the sun, and such an event wasn't going to take him from this earth.






Anyway I want you all to watch this, and let George's positive thought plant in your mind. Remember the "Zen Tennis" video clip about planting positive thoughts. After you watch the video say "here comes the sun," out loud 10 times. I believe if we all do this right now, the rains that have plagued us over 2 seasons now, will be a problem no more. You may think it strange, but you have to do this. Our voices together will mean strength in numbers that the rain gods can't ignore.

So we had an indoor practice today, and it was good. With lots of the plyometric exercises that we normally do, much jumping and various running for strength and quickness. They didn't call it this fancy word when I was a kid, but now I realize I was doing much the same stuff.

Mr White has all his pupils do many of these exercises as you've all seen. I always view tennis as a lower extremity sport first(legs), and I should have you do more core, arm and shoulder work. We did a little of said today, and that's my bad.
Someone wikipedia "plyometric" and tell me what it's definition is.