Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Day and Another Great win for the 5-0 Tennis Eagles - Reading Your Opponent Video Tip

We all won 4-1 today. We should be more than proud with our week's results. We won against our rival Bishop Eustace and Cherry Hill West in tough 3-2 matches that came down to the Batman and Robin of PVI tennis, Mitchel Rodgers and John Villari. As such is going to be a familiar sight being that we only have 4 courts.

Frank had a huge win against Cherry Hill West and Mark McShane had vital wins against Eustace and Cherry Hill West. The Lambertos are our true Rock of Gibraltar at 1st doubles. Too Tall Terry Long's moment is about to arrive, as I've seen some great gains in his game from last year to this. I can't wait to see more in all of you as such competition will surely lead to improvement in your tennis game over the course of the season.


We defended our #20 Courier Post ranking with our final match of the week, a win against Timber Creek. We'll have a good test Monday at Haddon Twp, which I'm psyched about, as I feel its a winnable match. If we have a good focused practice sunday afternoon we'll win decisively. Which for this match is a reasonable and expected goal. They are also our rivals to a degree, considering their school sits about a 1/3 of a mile from ours.

We'll have a 3-5pm practice on Sunday, which the varsity only has to attend. I expect all of you to attend. I know you all see the value in last sunday's practice before the Bishop Eustace match that Monday. Its a simple tennis math equation, the more you practice your various tennis stokes, the sharper they become in match play.

Repetitive LEARNING is my thought in this equation. That hard work and then winning is a BEAUTIFUL feeling that I want you all to continue to have. That feeling I imagine permeates all facets of your daily life, specifically your studies, as you have mojo when your getting them done I sense just walking your hallways at PVI in between classes, is a great feeling these days for all of our team members.

We will hopefully have a practice tomorrow, 245-450, wherein the Juniors won't be there so I'll get to work with many of the JV. If it does rain, and we can't use the gym for a full team practice, you'll hear an announcement shortly before school ends.

Thanks a million to the Rogers for bringing such classic old school soft pretzels, from the store which used to be in the Pennsauken Mart, to the match today. They were delicious, and I stashed one for the road, which I just finished off as I was writing this post. I had some killer mustard that I wanted to use on that pretzel.



Rick Macci - Stretching and Fetching Tip