Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tomorrow - Finals of Olympic Conference Doubles Between The Legion of Lamberto and Bishop Eustace's 1st Doubles.

The match will be at Paul VI HS and will start as soon as the other team makes the short trip to our courts from there school. I'd say 315 it'll start. So I'd love for any and everybody on the team to come out and cheer on your Paul VI brothers. We'll have a short practice after the match and its optional for the JV. I want to be done practice by 525.

I want to give an enormous thanks to Mrs Long and Mrs Villari for taking their time and braving the cold to come out to Seneca today to support our boys. It was very kind of them to bring Italian and Turkey Hoagies. I hope all of you took the time to thank them for their generosity and time spent trying to keep warm. I am sorry that it wasn't warm as I thought that I saw and heard warmth from the weather person.

Olympic Tourney - National Division - Summary @ Seneca 4/26/10


Mark McWin had a tough match with the fine gentleman at 1st singles for Camden, before finding BE's 1st in the quarterfinals. To Tall Terrance Long fought through a fever while beating BE's 3rd singles Eric Mintz. He then found himself against his team mate the wiry and veteran 2nd singles player Jay Vatson. The Lamberto's were the tornado that rocked Tabernacle's tennis court's today, kicking dust and cold into their opponents faces. We'll all be STORM watchers to the strength of their gusts tomorrow.

One Franklin Raggio actually started the day's activities off with an easy match against Camden's 2nd and then put up a brave fight against Seneca's #2 Storm Portner. Our 2nd doubles Johnny Dangerously and Mitchel "Mr" Rogers romped through Seneca's neighborhood again before falling to Eustace's 1st doubles in the semi-finals.

I did have the tea today, but I think hot chocolate was more appropriate and thus Mrs Long and Mrs Villari step up again. Tomorrow we'll, myself and the boys on the team, all step up and be there along the fence line with focus and applause for the Lamberto Brothers as they bring pride to your tennis program and your school.

The longer I'm here the more I love royal blue. Mom always said I looked good in blue and I gotta say you guys ALL look like a million dollars in it. See you all tomorrow with the sun and warmth beating down on our tennis home, with our fans and team-members. Don't forget your sunglasses !!!

Sorry this post took long as I was communicating with the coach of Eustace and Seneca, and our AD Tony Mitchell. Wherein the AD's were communicating as both the coach of Eustace and myself were working to avoid the drive out to Seneca to play the match there tomorrow. We were successful in such convincing and we'll all get to see the finals at our place tomorrow.