Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We Had A Great Day With A Darn Good Opponent

We were tested today and although we didn't win I know we grew and improved. That moment has now passed and as there are many points won and lost in a match, let's dust ourselves off and now move forward with a short memory. That match today was a small step in preparation of meeting our goals, winning a playoff round and winning the Olympic Conference National Division. Everyone got a good match today and I'm thrilled for that as such always makes you a better tennis player. Playing far less talented tennis players only brings your game down. That fact is innate to most sports.

We have our Olympic Conference National Division Tournament tomorrow where our singles and doubles team will be competing against Bishop Eustace, Seneca and Camden. We'll leave school with those 7 players around 11am and be on Seneca's courts warming up shortly before noontime. I'd hope that we'd be done and you'd arrive back at PVI by 4 -415.

Thanks to all the parents for there support today and Mrs Lamberto for bringing the team pretzels and drinks. I apologize I didn't bring my Trader Joe's White Pomegranate Ice Tea and I assure you I will have a fresh batch for the Tourney tomorrow. I know Mrs Long and Mrs Villari are coming out with us and they have been gracious to also bring some food. So we'll have a kind of picnic.


Enjoy these two videos as in one you'll see an unreal shot by Roger Federer and the other is a few bloopers by some of the professional tennis players . As tennis is a funny game that gives you so many balls to hit and so many chances to be, look and feel so human. But we pick ourselves up, dust off and try again and again and again. We're never afraid of failing. I love this game and the simple life lessons and perspective that I take away from it each and everyday with you guys.