Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Practice Tomorrow - 450 - 7pm - Optional For JV - We Got Some Press From Our Great Win


We had a short practice today and after a 25min footwork and cardio routine we played a pick-up basketball game with those who attended. Hank, Mitchel, John and Terry mixed it up with Coach, Pat, Jim and Chris.

Once again I am impressed with some of the talent I see on the basketball court. Everyone present played with heart and gusto. I've just put in a call to a friend of mine who books games for the Harlem Globetrotters and after the season we will play a benefit game against them at our beautiful Paul VI Gym. You know what that means basketball practice for the tennis team now. Coach here loves practice ya know.

So remember as tomorrow is Wednesday and I have my school program I won't be at school till 450. We'll start practice at 450 and end at 7pm. We're going to put in a full and disciplined practice tomorrow, focused on all the finer points we've been working on this season and carried out in the same fashion.

We have a semi-final playoff match to prepare for on Thursday, so there is much incentive to work hard and stay on task in practice tomorrow. When they do the brackets for next year's tourney they look at our performance in this year's tourney and the scores of these individual matches.

I will have more details on when we get out of school and other points of interest tomorrow at practice. The Varsity is expected to be there and this is an optional practice for the Junior Varsity.

Just click on any of the pictures to enlarge and read them. You'll see we now have our first appearance in the Philadelphia Inquirer, couple that with our previous appearance in the Courier Post. I'd say we are doing good.

I was surprised to see the Inquirer piece. I called the scores into the paper's sports desk after the match, on the bus ride home, but my phone was getting bad reception and it was loud on the bus. But that was a good and well deserved loud. Anyway see you all tomorrow and I got another great feeling about our playoff match on Thursday.