Tuesday, May 4, 2010

That Was A Tough Loss To Seneca Today But We Have To Forget It And Know We Have Another Chance On Friday

Those never feel good, but I feel great in knowing that we do have another opportunity to win our division. So lets leave that moment behind and keep our focus on the moments between now and Friday when we play Eustace. We play Camden at home tomorrow and Cherokee at their place on Thursday.

Tomorrow I know that Camden will only bring enough for the varsity. So I propose that the JV can come without their uniforms and can chose to stay for the match and or be there to play before the match and play some doubles matches after the match. The match should be over around 430. As it is Wednesday I won't be there till 450, as I have the kiddie indoor program I do at the elementary school in Cherry Hill.

Mitch will be there at 245 and i'll give him a line-up and JV challenge matches that I want you to play after the Camden match. I feel 6pm is an end time for tomorrow's tennis. Cherokee has 6 courts and a big team, thus we'll have an enjoyable bus ride on thurday and everyone will get to play, so we're practicing for a good Cherokee squad, and in our expected doubles teams.
- Jim and Hank, Pat and John, Chris and Joe ... Jim Burns will fill in
tomorrow for John Villari against Camden ...

I do this kiddie program all winter long on Wednesday's wherein 4,5 and 6 year olds get to torture coach here for two hours. I'm certain you guys would get a kick out of watching coach sweat trying to bring order to 8-10 pee wee's. I set up a temporary net, use my special tennis ball tree with those real soft tennis balls you see in my basket. I always wonder how some of those balls seem to disappear.

These kids run me wild, as harnessing all their energy in a small space between a variety of activities is a tall order. I put those stuffed animals on their heads to keep them still and their racquets to learn balance.

I frequently end the class with beads of sweat running down my forehead and one of the little tykes telling me that I smell. It always the same kid who notices each week. Then I jokingly start to smell my armpits and all the kids laugh. Love that Zack !!!

I can do this program at any indoor place for kids, so if you know of any place that is interested in the fall or winter I'd be glad to give a demonstration. Anyway that was just a little story about what I do cause I love the sport of tennis and it may garner a laugh, and at coach's expense, well why not. Laughter can help to defuse the pain, but come here at 10pm I'm still in pain!!


BUT REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE 3 DAYS LEFT IN THIS WEEK AND AS WE MISSED SUNDAY I WANT YOU ALL TO STAY AND PLAY AFTER YOUR MATCH TOMORROW. WE ONLY HAVE 2 1/2 WEEKS LEFT IN OUR SEASON. SO LETS TAKE EVERY ADVANTAGE WE HAVE, IN RESPECTING THE MOMENTS TILL THEN. AS IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS IS WORTH WILD TO PUT IN SUCH TIME NOW, WELL THAT WOULD BE QUITE SAD.

I KNOW MOTHER'S DAY IS SUNDAY, SO FOR SURE WE CAN'T HAVE PRACTICE THEN. UNLESS YOU GUYS TELL ME DIFFERENT. SO WE'LL TALK ABOUT SATURDAY, BUT AS WE'VE TALKED BEFORE IT NEVER SEEMED CONVENIENT FOR ANY OF YOU.

I want to thank Gina Fuscellaro as she was so kind to bring the drinks and the pretzels today. She also has a much tougher job, as she harnesses all the energy of young tykes in a school environment for 5 hours a day and 5 days a week at a local catholic elementary school. God bless her soul for doing such an important job. One day a few of you may be teachers, I can almost promise you such. Teaching can be rewarding and trying, just like many jobs you will all one day be responsible for.

We also had a lot of support from our tennis parents and other PVI students and facility today and I am very grateful for that.